Policies and FAQ
Laurel Fork Rustic Retreat is a vacation rental management company. We are focused on serving the lodging needs of the visitors to The Big South Fork NRRA, Pickett State Park, Daniel Boone National Forest and the upper Cumberland Region. We hope your experience with our company, our properties, and this beautiful region brings you satisfaction.
• Q: Do any of your cabins have a minimum stay?
A: All cabins have at least a 2 night minimum, however some have different minimums depending on the time of year. (See individual cabin page for more info)
• Q: Do you accept credit cards?
A: Yes, we accept all major credit cards, cashier’s checks and money orders!
• Q: Do reservations include tax?
A: All reservations are subject to Sales Tax & Hotel/Motel Tax (14.5%).
• Q: Are your cabins furnished?
A: Yes, all of our cabins are fully furnished!
• Q: Do any of the cabins have a fireplace?
A: Yes, many of our cabins have gas log or wood burning fireplaces (fireplaces are closed May 1st through September 30th). Firewood is for sale on site adjacent to retreat entrance.
• Q: Do any of your cabins have a phone?
A: All cabins have phones, however long distance service is not provided.
• Q: Are your cabins on private property?
A: All cabins are on private 3 to 5 acre lots.
• Q: What items do I need to bring myself?
A: Food, clothes, beach towels (for hot tub), additional paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent, trash bags, shampoo, body wash, hand soap, dish soap.
• Q: Is there firewood for sale at the retreat?
A: Yes, there is locally cut firewood for sale on site adjacent to the retreat entrance. Per The Big South Fork guidelines firewood from outside of the five counties (McCreary, Scott, Morgan, Fentress, and Pickett) surrounding the park is prohibited!
• Q: Is there a local grocery store nearby?
A: Yes there are local stores in both Jamestown and Oneida TN located nearby.
Vacation Rental Policies and Procedures
1. Procedures for placing a reservation: In order to rent properties, you must be 21 or older. Deposit is 50% of the total reservation amount and will be applied to your credit card at the time your reservation is made. Remaining balance is due 30 days prior to check in date. Failure to make payment in allotted time may result in cancellation. We accept all major credit cards. The person whose credit card was used for the initial deposit MUST sign the "Rental Agreement" and is the person who will be responsible for the rental unit. We WILL NOT accept payment from more than one person. After reservation has been submitted confirmation and written instructions will be sent to you by email. PLEASE BRING THIS WITH YOU. It contains the security gate code to open the gate into the development and direction to your cabin.
2. Rates and Maximum Occupancy: See cabins individual rental page for specific rates and maximum occupancy. You must provide us with the number of guests, including children, when making your reservation. Occupancy over 4 adults is $20.00 per person/per night, while Children under 12 years old is $5.00 per child/per night for majority of cabins. ATTENTION: additional people must be declared and payment arranged before check in. Management reserves the right to preform head counts. If you are found to have more guests than paid for you will be asked to vacate the premises and no monies will be refunded. All rates/prices are subject to change. However, the price quoted at the time a reservation is made is what will apply.
3. Cancellation Policy: If you must cancel your reservation please contact the office immediately. Cancellations, switching of properties and date changes all invoke the cancellation policy. All cancellation notifications must be received in writing.
More than 90 days: Cancellation notifications received more than 90 days before check-in will be refunded the deposit amount minus a $80 cancellation fee.
90-31 days: Cancellation notifications received between 90-31 days may reschedule once; new check in date must fall within 90 days of notification. If not rescheduled, the deposit amount will be forfeited.
30-15 days: Cancellation notifications received between 30-15 days may reschedule once; new check in date must fall within 60 days of notification. If not rescheduled, the full amount of your stay will be forfeited.
14-0 days: Cancellation notifications received between day 14 and check-in date will forfeit 100% of monies collected.
We do enforce a strict Cancellation Policy so we recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance through a 3rd party company in order to protect your vacation.
4. Changes to Reservation: Switching from one cabin to another cabin invokes the cancellation policy for the cabin originally booked. We will make one change per reservation without a charge. All others will be charged $25.00 for each time a change or changes are made.
5. Damage Deposit: All reservations require authorization to charge for damages beyond normal wear and tear that occur during your stay up to $500.00. Damage amounts above this will involve notification of the individual cabin owner so they may pursue additional actions.
6. Check-in Procedures: Check in time is 3:00 PM Central time. In the rare event additional cleaning is required from the previous guest; the maids reserve the right to occupy the unit until it is cleaned and ready for your check-in. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PERSON MAKING THE RESERVATION TO PASS THE GATE CODE AND DIRECTIONS ON TO ALL THOSE WHO WILL BE OCCUPYING THE UNIT WITH YOU. THERE IS NOT SOMEONE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES TO ALLOW YOU TO GAIN ENTRANCE SO THAT YOU CAN GET TO YOUR CABIN.
7. Check-out Procedures: Check out time is 11:00 AM Central. When checking out, it is the guest's responsibility to remove trash from the premises. We provide a dumpster located just outside the entrance gate. Guest must wash dirty dishes, wash & dry one load of towels (place any remaining wet linens in bath tub), leave all used beds unmade. Leave property key on the dining room table. Guest is required to report loss of key to office, if not reported guest will be fined $100.00.
8. Horse Stalls: Horse Stalls are $12.00 per stall per horse/per night. Corrals are for over-flow horses and are $6.00 per horse/per night. Proof of negative Coggins is required. No Stallions (Stud Horses) allowed, NO EXCEPTIONS. Items included with barn/stall rentals include water, electricity, manure fork, shovel, rake, and wheel barrel. Guest is required to provide own feed, feeding/watering buckets, bedding and lock if preferred. Also guest must clean the stall and or stalls upon departure. In order to keep the facility well maintained, a $15.00 fee per stall will be charged if not cleaned upon departure. Cabins that have horse stalls available to rent include; Misty Morning, Laurel Place, Laurel Cove, Arabian Nights, and Turkey Scratch.
9. Pets: Pet-friendly properties accept pets with prior approval only and are subject to a non-refundable $25 pet fee. Pets are limited to 2 per cabin. Pets are required to be in a crate if left alone. Pets are not allowed on furniture or bed spreads. Renters are subject to extra cleaning fees if we find pets have been on furniture or bed spreads. Pets are required to be on a leash in the retreat. Some properties do not allow pets, if evidence of pets is found there will be a minimum $100.00 fine for extra cleaning. Cabins that allow pets are Arabian Nights, Laurel Bluff, Laurel Cove, Laurel Place, Misty Morning, Second Nest, and Turkey Scratch.
10. Hot Tub Care and Use: Use Hot Tub at your own risk! If your property includes a hot tub, special instructions for its use apply. Failure to abide by these rules will result in charges to your damage deposit. Please do not turn off or unplug the hot tub. Unless specified by management, please do not add anything to the water including soaps, bath oils, etc. unless specified by management. Before entering hot tub please shower to remove all oils and lotions. Make sure the cover is secure before leaving the tub as high winds may blow the cover off. Cabins that have hot tubs are Arabian Nights, Laurel Cove, Laurel Place, Misty Morning, Second Nest, and Turkey Scratch.
11. BBQ Grill Care and Use: If your property includes BBQ grill and you use it, then you are responsible for cleaning the cooking grate, exterior surfaces and turning off the propane gas at the tank. (If not cleaned bears may go after the grease drippings and destroy the grill).
12. Inclement Weather Policy: Please ensure you are prepared for possible weather and road conditions as there will be no refunds, allowances, or date changes resulting from these matters, please do not ask.
13. Indoor Fireplaces: Uses of indoor fireplaces are prohibited May 1st through September 30th. There is locally cut firewood for sale on site adjacent to the retreat entrance. Per The Big South Fork guidelines firewood from outside of the five counties (McCreary, Scott, Morgan, Fentress, and Pickett) surrounding the park is prohibited!
14. Outdoor Fireplaces: There is locally cut firewood for sale on site adjacent to the retreat entrance. Per The Big South Fork guidelines firewood from outside of the five counties (McCreary, Scott, Morgan, Fentress, and Pickett) surrounding the park is prohibited!
15. Equipment Repairs / Mechanical Failures: In the event of an equipment malfunction we will do our best to get the problem fixed. It may be necessary for us to enter the property during reasonable hours to make repairs. However, we do not offer any sort of compensation for equipment malfunctions.
16. Items left: The Agent and the Owner are not responsible for any items left behind in a rental property.
17. Smoking: Smoking is not permitted inside any cabin, barn, or stables. If evidence shows you have smoked inside there will be a minimum $100.00 fine for extra cleaning.
18. We are not a campground: we do not provide camping spaces or hook ups for any type of recreation vehicles. While RV’s can be parked in driveways, sleeping/staying in them is not allowed.
19. Quiet hours are 10 pm to 6 am: Please respect other renters and adhere to the quiet hours!
20. No ATV Riding: You may trailer your ATV's in but absolutely no ATV Riding is allowed within the retreat!
21. Horseback Riding: You may ride your horses within the retreat on the gravel roads only (Retreat Road ends at the National Park Boundary and becomes an official park horse trail) but please be mindful of other guest privacy and do not ride into their cabins driveways or make your own trails through the woods. Also please keep all horses off the grass.
**** Policies are subject to change at any time without notice. ****
Still have questions? CONTACT US